Does Uber offer a student discount?
Uber offers a great deal for students at participating schools. Uber is a convenient, app based, driver service. When you need a ride the app helps to find a driver and set up your trip. Enter your destination into the app and it gives you an estimated time when your driver will arrive, cost of the trip, the name of the driver, and license plate number.
How much is the Uber student discount?
The Uber student discount is a limited-time offer of 50% off rides that begin and end on campus. There are restrictions and each campus is different.
How to qualify for the Uber student discount?
First, you will need to find out if your school is participating. Here’s a list of some campuses but schools are constantly being added so check the Uber page[add link] for the most up-to-date campus list.
- Arizona State University
- Boise State University
- California State University, Sacramento
- Fresno State University
- Grand Canyon University
- University of Hawaii
- Montana State University
- Portland State University
- San Diego State University
- San Jose State University
- Stanford University
- University of Arizona
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Montana
- University of Nevada, Reno
- University of New Mexico
- University of San Francisco
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of Washington
- Western Washington University
If your school is participating, get the discount code, learn where your zone is, find out when it’s valid, and read the restrictions.
When you are ready for a ride, hop on the app. Go to “Payments,” and under “Promotions” click “Add Promo Code” and enter the code. Then start finding your ride. Each campus has a different zone that is specified by your school. You will need to stay within it to get the discount. It’s also a limited-time offer so make sure you know the dates your school is participating.
Uber and schools are making it easy to be safe and get a ride.